Skip to main content

WIP Bearguy Update PT02 (2weeks update)

FINALLY! After sanding for a couple of hours, I DID IT! lol..

Ayt! To clear things up on what happen on this kit, I'll give you guys a breakdown..



If you remember, I applied 2layers of .5mm HIPS(High Impact Plastic Sheets/Polystyrene) on the whole rail system of the 'mono-eye' of the bearguy to somehow cover it up. Unfortunately, after RE-APPLYING for almost 12 times, the said rail system is still visible. SO! I seek guidance from MP (MechaPinoy) and of course, at MAC (Mech Arts Community). And so, they pointed out my mistake. That I should use a 'Epoxy Putty' to fill up a large gap instead of using a 'Basic Putty', since when a Basic Putty cures it shrinks thus making the rail system of the bearguy visible no matter how many times I tried to re-apply/re-putty it lol..



Then! since there are no hobby shops nearby my place, I did ask them if there is an alternative for it that I can get on a Hardware/DIY Shop! Lucky me! there is an alternative for a hobby grade Epoxy Putty, which is.....a Pioneer's Epoxy Putty (Aqua/Wood/Metal). Went to the nearest DIY shop here at my place, and grab one of the Aqua type :)..

And so...here it is!..

First thing I did was remove the 'Basic Putty' in the head.

Then, sanded it down and applied the Pioneer's Epoxy Putty (Aqua Type)~


I know! I applied TOO MUCH putty lol..I let it cure for a day, and trimmed it down using my good old Hobby Knife, then sanded it down! LIKE A BOSS! XD



YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! XD

I also did some seamline removal on some of the Bearguy's parts :D..






Will prime these parts this morning! Till then! XD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MG Infinite Justice

Finally! I finished working on my IJ! XD..took me a long time to finish this guy due to I'm busy with some IRL/School stuffs.. This is the first time I tried Panel Lining via Enamel wash, and honstly..It's a bit messy but overall, I did enjoyed doing it..Also, I encountered some problems with the Red paint I used on this kit which is the Nikko Red..It won't stick well on the flat white base coat I used >_<..anyway, here are the Photos! :D.. Thanks for viewing! Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did :D

Unboxing MG IJ + Ex-S

Unboxing pictures of IJ and Ex-S. *sweet* :3 Just by looking on that part of the Ex-S, you can already tell how huge Ex-S will be XD

New Haul: MG Sinanju (Again lol)!

Got this kit yesterday at our GMAC Anniversary Party/Meet..and yeah, another MG Sinanju! my second sinanju to be exact! (for the love of Full Frontal!) XD That's it! till then! :D